Activities for Kids Kapaa HI
PO Box 160
4-1579 Kuhio Hwy Ste 203
Levy Joan Msw Lsw
4623 Kanaele Rd
Bodymind & Breath Center
PO Box 160
4-1435 Kuhio Hwy Ste 204
4566 Ohia St Ste 1
Keiki Ohana Therapeutic Family & Individual Services
3582 Moloaa Rd
Child & Family Service Kuanalu Program
4-1112 Kuhio Hwy
Mahelona Medical Center
4800 Kawaihau Rd
4-901 Kuhio Hwy Ste A
5 Tips to Help Your Kids Stay Healthy with Enough Exercise
5 tips to help your kids stay healthy with enough exercise
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends that kids aged 6 to 17 get at least one hour of physical activity - a.k.a. exercise - each day. Whether your child is a bit of a couch potato or just has a hard time devoting 60 minutes to exercise each day, there are ways dads can help.
1. Let kids choose their exercise. Try things like dance classes, martial arts, swimming, biking, hiking and sports teams to determine what activities will keep your kids motivated.
2. Break up the hour into more manageable time frames. Encourage them to play a game of kickball in the morning, ride their bikes in the afternoon and take a walk together in the evening. Twenty minutes each time will add up to an hour without feeling overwhelming.
3. Set a good example. As with many parenting obstacles, the best way to get kids to do what you want them to is to do it yourself. So, get active and in shape for yourself as well!
4. Encourage "some" video game use. While sitting in front of a screen with a bowl of chips by their side won't encourage physical activity, some "active-play" video games, like the Nintendo Wii, can keep your kids moving.
5. Exercise together. Plan outings and activities that will help the whole family stay active. Pack a picnic lunch and hike into the woods to find the perfect spot, ride bikes together, or enlis...
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com