Activities for Kids Osawatomie KS
Tri Ko Inc
301 1st St
Big Brothers Big Sisters Of Miami County
905 E Wea St
My Fathers House
1004 N Pearl St
Community Action Agency
308 S Oak St
Sunflower Centers Of Kansas
6 W Peoria St
Elizabeth Layton Center
505 S Hospital Dr
Foster Grandparent Program
209 S Silver St
Francis Paul S
907 N Pearl St
Lakemary Industries E Wea
Lakemary Infant Toddler
501 S Hospital Dr
5 Tips to Help Your Kids Stay Healthy with Enough Exercise
5 tips to help your kids stay healthy with enough exercise
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends that kids aged 6 to 17 get at least one hour of physical activity - a.k.a. exercise - each day. Whether your child is a bit of a couch potato or just has a hard time devoting 60 minutes to exercise each day, there are ways dads can help.
1. Let kids choose their exercise. Try things like dance classes, martial arts, swimming, biking, hiking and sports teams to determine what activities will keep your kids motivated.
2. Break up the hour into more manageable time frames. Encourage them to play a game of kickball in the morning, ride their bikes in the afternoon and take a walk together in the evening. Twenty minutes each time will add up to an hour without feeling overwhelming.
3. Set a good example. As with many parenting obstacles, the best way to get kids to do what you want them to is to do it yourself. So, get active and in shape for yourself as well!
4. Encourage "some" video game use. While sitting in front of a screen with a bowl of chips by their side won't encourage physical activity, some "active-play" video games, like the Nintendo Wii, can keep your kids moving.
5. Exercise together. Plan outings and activities that will help the whole family stay active. Pack a picnic lunch and hike into the woods to find the perfect spot, ride bikes together, or enlis...
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com