Prenatal Yoga Brighton MI
802 E Grand River Ave
Lady-America Total Fitns Center
8491 W Grand River Ave
Jazzercise Brighton Fitness Center, LLC
101 Appian Way Dr.
Programs & Services
Data Provided By:
Brighton Athletic Club
7526 Grand River Rd
Lady of America Total Fitness Center and Spa
8491 W Grand River Ave Ste 100
Oak Pointe Country Club Inc
4500 Club Dr
Livingston Gun Club
2440 Hunter Rd
Powerhouse Gym Brighton Inc
5757 Whitmore Lake Rd
8675 West Grand River Ave.
Hamburg Fitness Center & Camp
8540 Hamburg Road
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com