Prenatal Yoga Coralville IA
Cindy Ks Fitness For the Busy Woman
1705 1st Ave Ste S
T and T Control Martial Arts and Fitness Academy
1001 25th Ave Ste 7
Curves Coralville/North Liberty IA
881 22nd Ave.
Programs & Services
Aerobics, Body Sculpting, Cardio Equipment, Cardio Equipment, Circuit Training, Group Exercise Studio, Gym Classes, Gym Equipment, Gym Sports, Silver Sneakers, Zumba
Data Provided By:
401 Oakdale Blvd
Body & Balance
2201 E Grantview Dr
Golds Gym Iowa City Coralville
401 Oakdale Blvd.
Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping
2761 Oakdale Blvd
Debbies Fitness Plus
565 Avalon Pl
Brown Deer Golf Club
1900 Country Club Dr
Nolte Academy of Dance Llc
1801 2nd St Ste 140
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com