Prenatal Yoga Covington KY
632 Russell Street
1657 Dixie Hwy
Ft Wright, KY
Dixie Fitness Inc
1657 Dixie Hwy
River Center Health Club
50 E Rivercenter Blvd
Riverfront Diet Clinic
118 W 5th St Ste 2
Marriott Health Club
10 West Rivercenter Boulevard
Riverfront Diet Clinics Inc
118 W 5th St
Urgent Treatment Clinics
3174 Custer Dr
Reverie Theraputics LLC
520 Main St
Covington Turner Society Inc
447 Pike St
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com