Prenatal Yoga Dubuque IA
Core Family Fitness Center
2600 Dodge Street
Westside Health and Fitness
4005 Westmark Dr Ste 200
B R Sports Ltd
13878 Derby Grange Road
Dubuque Sports Complex
12614 Nightingale Ln
Alpine Tennis and Fitness
1090 Cedar Cross Rd
Shapes For Women
3368 Center Grove Dr # D
Curves For Women
3250 Kennedy Cir
Centurys Nautilus Health Club
805 Century Dr
Dubuque Snap Fitness
4995 Radford Court
Programs & Services
Circuit Training, Elliptical Trainers, Free Weights, Personal Training, Pilates, Stair Climber, Stationary Bikes, Towel Service, Treadmill, Weight Machines
Data Provided By:
Derby Grange Golf and Recreation
13079 Derby Grange Rd
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com