Prenatal Yoga Germantown MD
B M I Karate
12627 Wisteria Dr Ste A
12627 Wisteria Dr # A
Montgomery County Roadrunner Club
18476 Stone Hollow Dr
Victory Youth Centers
14131 Seneca Rd
Washington Sports Club Inc
12623 Wisteria Dr
Metro Orthopedics and Sports Therapy
19847 Century Blvd Ste 205
Bretton Woods Recreation Center
15700 River Rd
12962 Middlebrook Rd
Chadswood Swimming Pool
11301 Bent Creek Ter
Maryland Outdoors Club Inc
21133 Hickory Forest Way
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com