Prenatal Yoga Honolulu HI
Aikahi Park Shopping Center
Hawaiian Athlete Club
423 Keawe St
Queen's Rehabilitation Svc
1301 Punchbowl St
Y M C A of Honolulu
1441 Pali Hwy
Clark Hatch Fitness Center
745 Fort Street Mall
Beretania Tennis Club Inc
1325 Victoria St
Curves For Women
Womens Surfstyle Magazine
Stay Young Inc
1311 Kapiolani Blvd
Hawaii Physical Therapy Inc
725 Kapiolani Blvd
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com