Prenatal Yoga Littleton CO
Southbridge Recreation Center
7655 S Prescott St
YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
11 W Dry Creek Ct
Dahn Holistic Center
151 W Mineral Ave Ste 131
Littleton Community Center
1950 W Littleton Blvd
Jungs Schools of Old Martial Arts
1086 W Littleton Blvd
24 Hour Fitness
151 W Mineral Ave
Optimum Physical Therapy
2329 W Main St Ste 211
Joyce Asmus Fitness Solutions
7347 S Ridgeview Dr
La Body LLC
1374 W Briarwood Ave
11 W Dry Creek Ct
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com