Prenatal Yoga Morgantown WV
Mountaineer Cross Fit
460 Mylan Park Lane
Just For Women Fitness Center
5000 Greenbag Rd # G1
Cheat Lake Soccer Assoc
1137 Van Voorhis
Curves For Women
1383 Earl L Core Rd
Rob's Fitness Factory
5000 Green Bag Road
Fit 4 Her
5000 Greenbag Rd # C10
3414 Collins Ferry Rd
Fairmont Nutrition Consultants
1356 Van Voorhis Rd
1137 Van Voorhis Rd Ste 17
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com