Prenatal Yoga Norman OK
3058 Classen Blvd # 100
Tan & Tone America
1000 Alameda St # 126
Ground Zero CrossFit
2431 West Main Street
203 Hal Muldrow Drive
3720 West Robinson St # 124
Jazzercise Norman 12th Avenue Rec Center
1701 Ne 12th Ave.
Programs & Services
Data Provided By:
Ladies Workout Express
522 North Porter Avenue
Downtown Fitness of Norman
119 West Main Street
Sooner Adventure Boot Camp
3400 Bart Conner Drive
Ground Zero Cross Fit
2709 Bart Conner Ct # 105
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com