Prenatal Yoga Omaha NE
New Lady Fitness
319 N 76th St
Peak Performance Fitness Gear
519 N 78th St
Omaha Flames Soccer Club
5015 Underwood Ave
1040 S 74th Plz
Trapp Scott A DDS
8710 Countryside Plz
Kims Tae Kwon DO School and Fitness Center
319 N 72nd St
Built Right Services
333 S 78th St
Absolute Serenity Day Spa
1000 N 72nd St
Jazzercise Omaha AV Sorensen
4808 Cass St.
Programs & Services
Data Provided By:
8715 Countryside Plz
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com