Prenatal Yoga Rockville MD
Curves North Bethesda
1614 E. Jefferson Street
Bethesda Soccer Club Inc
14525 Barkwood Dr
Biometrics Nutrition and Fitness
15825 Shady Grove Rd Ste 60
Fred Foster Fitness Co
1 Research Ct Ste 450
Jazzercise Rockville Ritchie Park Elementary School
1514 Dunster Rd.
Programs & Services
Data Provided By:
Earth Treks Climbing Centers
725 Rockville Pike
9725 Traville Gateway Dr
192A Halpine Road
Gymbugs Childrens Fittness
9723 Traville Gateway Dr
Dahn Yoga Center
1065 Rockville Pike
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com