Prenatal Yoga Shawnee KS
Fitness Together Shawnee
16014 W 65th Street
Programs & Services
Elliptical Trainers, Free Weights, Personal Training, Treadmill, Weight Machines
Data Provided By:
Studio Element (located in Element Fitness)
7880 Quivira Road
Lady of America
11938 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Shawnee Soccer Club
6711 Hauser Dr
American Sport Karate Centers
13213 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Shawnee Fitness Club
6518 Vista Ave
Club La Femme
13201 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Kenneth Smith Golf Club Co
12931 W 71st St
Krav Maga and Fitness Center
7844 Quivira Rd
Punch Boxing + Fitness
5437 Roberts St
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com