Prenatal Yoga Washington DC
The Fitness Company Metro Ctr
555 12th St NW
Gao Fitness and Athletics Assn
441 G St Nw Rm 6k17r
Washington Sports Clubs
783 Seventh Street
Pure Joe Studios Inc
1101 F St Nw Fl 5
601 F Street NW
Washington Sports Club
1345 F St NW
Jazzercise Washington DC. Chinatown The Victor Building
750 9th St. Nw.
Programs & Services
Data Provided By:
One to one Fitness Inc
555 13th St Nw
1015 7th St Nw
St Johns Community Ctr
305 E St NW
Data Provided By:
Pregnant Exercising, Tips for Pregnancy Workout - Types of Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Eat and Exercise for Two - What Type of Exercise is best During Pregnancy?
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, low-impact exercise that requires moderate exertion is probably best during pregnancy. Walking, swimming, dancing and cycling seem to be comfortable pregnancy exercises that can be enjoyed by most women.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), many different types of exercise can be safe for most pregnant women. They do recommend following these guidelines when choosing a pregnancy exercise plan:
- Make sure your partner avoids activities in which pregnant women can get hit in the abdomen, like kickboxing, soccer, basketball or ice hockey
- Steer your spouse clear of pregnancy exercises in which women can fall, like horseback riding, downhill skiing, and gymnastics
- Do not let your spouse scuba dive as a form of pregnancy exercise. Scuba diving can create gas bubbles in the baby's blood that can cause many health problems
- What Guidelines should my spouse follow?
- Is Exercise Safe for All Pregnant Women?
- How Will I know if my spouse is overdoing it?
- How can I help my wife prepare her Body for Labor and Delivery?
- Why Exercise During Pregnancy?
Click here to read the rest of this article from GreatDad.com